[Ccwg-auctionproceeds] Your input requested - List of topics & individuals/organizations
mathieu.weill at afnic.fr
Thu Feb 2 07:38:11 UTC 2017
I have also suggested that Sam Eisner brief the group on the very definition
of ICANN’s Mission, as it was recently updated with the purpose of defining
its scope more clearly, as part of the IANA Stewardship Transition.
De : ccwg-auctionproceeds-bounces at icann.org
[mailto:ccwg-auctionproceeds-bounces at icann.org] De la part de Marika Konings
Envoyé : mercredi 1 février 2017 23:26
À : ccwg-auctionproceeds at icann.org
Objet : [Ccwg-auctionproceeds] Your input requested - List of topics &
In relation to action item #1, please find at the following link a table to
which the CCWG can start adding possible topics for future briefings as well
as individuals/organizations that the CCWG may want to consult at some point
Ideally the CCWG will be in a position to match the
individuals/organizations with the topics that are identified for which
further information and/or briefings are needed. This may of course also
include CCWG members and/or participants that may have relevant knowledge
and expertise (note, a draft survey to assess CCWG skills and expertise is
At this stage, the list only includes some recommendations from staff. At
the end of the document you will find the suggestions that have been made on
the mailing list to date. Those that made those suggestions are encouraged
to add the relevant details to the tables. Of course, any other suggestions
are also welcome.
P.S. you will also find the Word version attached for those that are
unfamiliar or do not have access to Google Docs.
From: <ccwg-auctionproceeds-bounces at icann.org> on behalf of Marika Konings
<marika.konings at icann.org>
Date: Thursday, January 26, 2017 at 10:14 AM
To: "ccwg-auctionproceeds at icann.org" <ccwg-auctionproceeds at icann.org>
Subject: [Ccwg-auctionproceeds] Notes and action items from today's new gTLD
Auction Proceeds CCWG
Please find below the notes and action items from today’s meeting. The next
meeting will be scheduled for Thursday 9 February at 15.00 UTC for 90
Notes - 26 January 2017 CCWG Auction Proceeds
These high-level notes are designed to help PDP WG members navigate through
the content of the call and are not meant as a substitute for the transcript
and/or recording. The MP3, transcript, and chat are provided separately and
are posted on the wiki at:
1. Roll Call
· Attendance will be taken from Adobe Connect
· This WG has members, participants and observers. Only members and
participants are invited to calls. The call details are circulated on a
non-archived mailing list (ntyf). Please do not circulate these details.
Should you want to change your status from observer to participant, please
contact gnso-secs at icann.org.
· Please remember to mute your microphone when not speaking.
2. Welcome & Introductions
· Get to know each other via participation or possible an in person
meeting at a future ICANN meeting. Feel free to reach out to staff or
raising your hands if you have any questions.
· If you want to speak, please use the raising hand feature in Adobe
· Staff support for this effort will be provided by Marika Konings
(GNSO), Joke Braeken (ccNSO) and Nathalie Peregrine (SO/AC Support Team).
· Two Board liaisons have been appointed to this effort (Asha
Hemrajani and Becky Burr) as the Board has fiduciary responsibilities.
Expected to be a go between the CCWG and Board to highlight any concerns or
questions the CCWG and/or Board may have.
· Samantha Eisner (deputy legal Counsel, ICANN) will continue in the
role of staff liaison/advisor, similar to the support she provided in the
drafting team by advising on ICANN's legal and fiduciary responsibilities.
· Lauren Allison is providing internal support to ICANN org on this
topic and is also expected to join this call on a regular basis.
· CCWG should be comfortable with this level of staff support
provided - if there are any concerns, these should be flagged.
High level principles of operation of CCWGs:
· CCWG will be lead and co-ordinated by the co-chairs appointed by
the Chartering Organizations. To date, the GNSO and ccNSO have appointed a
co-chair (Jonathan Robinson - GNSO, Ching Chiao - ccNSO).
· Leadership team meets prior to the meeting to prepare the agenda
and prep for the meeting.
· CCWG is expected to work as a collaborative unit - need to
· Members are appointed by chartering organization and serve a
specific liaison role.
· Participants participate in the same way as members do, the only
difference may be if there is a need for a consensus call (noting that the
leadership will do its best to avoid the need for any votes).
· Observers can follow the discussions on the mailing list, but are
not invited to join calls.
· All members and participants are required to complete a statement
of interest and a declaration of interest.
· If after a number of reminders you have not completed your SOI or
DOI your status will be downgraded to observer until you have completed the
· For more information about the practical workings of Adobe
Connect, wiki, etc., please review the communication tools webinar (see
· Is there anything as "good standing" for CCWG members/participants
not currently, only requirements are SOI and DOI.
3. Update on CO membership appointments and chairs
· Still awaiting appointments from the ASO, ALAC and GAC - these are
· All have confirmed their participation and adoption of the
· The ccNSO Council has appointed Ching as an interim co-chair - the
Council will revisit its decision during ICANN59 whether it will officially
appoint a co-chair to this group, and if so, whether it is Ching or someone
4. Review CCWG charter
· See slides circulated
5. Discuss what information and/or preparation is needed to start developing
· What briefing / input is needed? For example, should another
briefing on the legal and fiduciary constraints be provided? Any other
information / expertise that will be required?
· What preparations / inputs are needed prior to developing the work
· Determine what expertise is available in the CCWG. Consider
surveying the CCWG to determine what expertise is available in the CCWG to
see what expertise may be missing.
· CCWG will need to give consideration as part of its deliberations
to local/global nature of mechanism recommended.
· Need briefings from people that do this as part of their daily
jobs to get further insights into best practices. Need to avoid reinventing
the wheel so important to benefit from those that have expertise in this
area. Note a number of suggestions and offers made in the chat. Develop a
list of possible organisations to invite / speak to at the outset.
· Create two documents: table of expertise of CCWG members -
individuals can add to this (proposer, expertise). Create document to start
ad-hoc thinking about the questions.
Action item #1: Start building list of prospective individuals /
organizations that could provide input and expertise at the outset of the
Action item #2: Staff to develop draft table of expertise for CCWG
completion and start ad-hoc document which will allow CCWG
members/participants to share thinking about charter questions.
6. Discuss proposed timing, duration and frequency of meetings
· Factoring in time zone spread of CCWG members and participants,
suggests that a single time slot of 15.00 UTC may work for most. If this
does not work, may need to consider alternatives, including rotation.
· Proposed to continue on Thursdays, for 90 minutes, every two
· For ICANN58, staff will be requesting a slot on Wednesday from
15.15-16.45 local time for the CCWG. CCWG can decide at a later date whether
you want to use this slot or not.
8. Confirm next steps & time / date for next meeting
· 9 February at 15.00 UTC for 90 minutes
Senior Policy Director & Team Leader for the GNSO, Internet Corporation for
Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN)
Email: marika.konings at icann.org
Follow the GNSO via Twitter @ICANN_GNSO
Find out more about the GNSO by taking our interactive
and visiting the GNSO Newcomer pages[gnso.icann.org]
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Ccwg-auctionproceeds