[Ccwg-auctionproceeds] Proposed Agenda - new gTLD Auction Proceeds CCWG
sylvia at apnic.net
Thu Feb 9 16:13:28 UTC 2017
Thanks for the agenda. As I am joining the meeting from my phone I would like to make some comments as I am not seeing some of the documents referenced while I listen. See below:
On 8 Feb 2017, at 7:48 am, Marika Konings <marika.konings at icann.org<mailto:marika.konings at icann.org>> wrote:
Please find below the proposed agenda for the next new gTLD Auction Proceeds CCWG meeting which has been scheduled for Thursday 9 February at 15.00 UTC. As a reminder, call details are circulated separately to members and participants.
Proposed Agenda – new gTLD Auction Proceeds CCWG Meeting – 9 February 2017 at 15.00 UTC
1. Roll Call / SOI – DOI
Jonathan made the clarification that the call has been set to the same time every 2 weeks. It will be a lot more fair to organize the calls on a rotating basis. I don't have an objection to wake up at 1 am and work until 2:30 am with you all from time to time, but not for every single call.
I understand Jonathan's dilemma as co-chair and support him to continue to chair the group. Your leadership will be sorely missed.
As Ching also mentioned his role is temporary, hope we get permanent co-chairs appointed soon.
1. Assessment of CCWG skills and expertise – see updated survey at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Preview/?sm=iJD_2BOGV1jKaYKNKp0YPYtb3Y_2B4CFbFfV9yeuyLPEhTEihhvEs2NtCJXPdZwp3BrQ[surveymonkey.com]<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.surveymonkey.com_r_Preview_-3Fsm-3DiJD-5F2BOGV1jKaYKNKp0YPYtb3Y-5F2B4CFbFfV9yeuyLPEhTEihhvEs2NtCJXPdZwp3BrQ&d=DwMFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=7_PQAir-9nJQ2uB2cWiTDDDo5Hfy5HL9rSTe65iXLVM&m=jGgnKUwzjAglB3c5uW7dmxfmkFOozlX-8uuvrn-ObIg&s=QHSMSlTASi6-odppiQPohRBrmvt9Df5MLHvwp2szFFA&e=> .
No additional comments. Looking forward to provide my answers to the survey and to contribute with my expertise to the group.
1. Development of work plan:
* Review of topics & individuals / organizations identified – see https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QtwFa9nCIMq8JYCtBHxAyQraWQ6M-iNNP4Kyq6q9Cds[docs.google.com]<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__docs.google.com_document_d_1QtwFa9nCIMq8JYCtBHxAyQraWQ6M-2DiNNP4Kyq6q9Cds&d=DwMFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=7_PQAir-9nJQ2uB2cWiTDDDo5Hfy5HL9rSTe65iXLVM&m=jGgnKUwzjAglB3c5uW7dmxfmkFOozlX-8uuvrn-ObIg&s=lC0S9WpO9G6E6B05L62xA2RTOmU7BrAdPX13xAZGhR4&e=>
I agree with Jonathan's suggestion about keeping a window open to request external expertise not to have it all right on the get go.
The one piece of advice that I would like to have to start with, is a list of all legal mechanisms available according to US law, that are in support of the tax exempt status ICANN has. It will be good to have such list with pros and cons, and that such list is reviewed and updated as the discussion is going to move ahead to discuss purpose and operations that might have an impact on the type of mechanism to use.
Many of us may have experience on setting organizations on other jurisdictions or distribute funds to support projects national, regional and/or global but the legal framework is important to have in mind to make sure we do not jeopardize the tax exempt status.
I support the idea of a FtF meeting, but as Marika said might be a bit premature as we don't have a plan.
* CCWG input on charter questions – see https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QN7zarCr2c-2BVv3pfa6Z5O10pDcgHSIQ5Q3CBdX2WE[docs.google.com]<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__docs.google.com_document_d_1QN7zarCr2c-2D2BVv3pfa6Z5O10pDcgHSIQ5Q3CBdX2WE&d=DwMFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=7_PQAir-9nJQ2uB2cWiTDDDo5Hfy5HL9rSTe65iXLVM&m=jGgnKUwzjAglB3c5uW7dmxfmkFOozlX-8uuvrn-ObIg&s=qctUHikMltYQLV3qCEl-EkGlhaZZx4CCB5LUoEcfIR0&e=>
The charter questions do talk about purpose and operations so I do really want to encourage others to systematically go through the questions. My suggestion will be to focus the next call to have a first pass of all the questions to see where there are considerable differences from what the CCWG has contributed.
* Outreach / engagement
Agree with the proposal to encourage people to sign up and get involved instead of requesting input that might not come synchronized with the CCWG.
* Next steps in developing a work plan
Agree with dividing the work, and would like to suggest the ones meeting in Copenhagen focused on having a work plan including tracking mechanisms that are more effective.
2. CCWG F2F meeting at ICANN58 – see https://icannorg.beta.doodle.com/poll/7t7xhkvfa4wicr7g)[icannorg.beta.doodle.com]<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__icannorg.beta.doodle.com_poll_7t7xhkvfa4wicr7g-29&d=DwMFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=7_PQAir-9nJQ2uB2cWiTDDDo5Hfy5HL9rSTe65iXLVM&m=jGgnKUwzjAglB3c5uW7dmxfmkFOozlX-8uuvrn-ObIg&s=mm0xsFBNz-kJY_VSgvS7DcWMdIftm5G--dATpKZVAM0&e=>
3. Confirm next meeting – Thursday 23 February at 15.00 UTC
I will be traveling to MWC2017 in Barcelona so not sure if I will be able to join but will check my itinerary again and reconfirm.
Thank you all for your time today, look forward to productive discussions ahead.
Senior Policy Director & Team Leader for the GNSO, Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN)
Email: marika.konings at icann.org<mailto:marika.konings at icann.org>
Follow the GNSO via Twitter @ICANN_GNSO
Find out more about the GNSO by taking our interactive courses<http://learn.icann.org/courses/gnso> and visiting the GNSO Newcomer pages<http://gnso.icann.org/sites/gnso.icann.org/files/gnso/presentations/policy-efforts.htm#newcomers>.
Ccwg-auctionproceeds mailing list
Ccwg-auctionproceeds at icann.org<mailto:Ccwg-auctionproceeds at icann.org>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Ccwg-auctionproceeds