[Ccwg-auctionproceeds] Fwd: Board reply to CCWG-AP

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Tue Sep 5 14:37:48 UTC 2017

Hello Daniel

Kindly find inline:
On Tue, Sep 5, 2017 at 10:52 AM, Daniel Dardailler <danield at w3.org> wrote:

> +1 on all Alan wrote.
>
> I personally don't think we need to embark on a mission change crusade,
> which I agree would take years, but that we need to convince the ICANN
> community (and the board) that the funds being a one time shot and having
> been promised to be used for the good of the Internet and not for ICANN, we
> want to extend the scope of its granting to more than the mission proper
> and consider things that are in line with the first commitment of ICANN in
> the bylaws, to support Open Internet development. Since ICANN clearly
> depends on the Open Internet (e.g. tcp/http/html) to succeed, I don't see
> why the community would think doing this one-time exception would endanger
> ICANN's mission over the long term.

SO: I am really not sure why you think ICANN support of Open Internet is
out of her scope in the first place? Section IV of her mission does make
that within scope. So i don't think ICANN will be out of scope if they
support such effort. I will like to hear why you(or any of our colleagues)
think it will be out of scope for them.

Regards

<http://goog_1872880453>seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng
<seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng>*

Bringing another down does not take you up - think about your action!