[Ccwg-auctionproceeds] For your review - updated version open internet definition / description

Marika Konings marika.konings at icann.org
Wed Sep 6 19:06:53 UTC 2017

Marilyn, all,

As part of the deliberations on the objective for auction proceeds allocation, the CCWG is currently considering the following draft which includes a reference to Open Internet. As such, there is a need for a definition and/or description so that there is a common understanding of what is meant with that term. Current draft:

Specific objectives of new gTLD Auction Proceeds fund allocation are:
·       Benefit the development, distribution and evolution of the Internet's unique identifier systems;
·       Benefit structures or projects that directly support the Internet's unique identifier systems;
·       Benefit capacity building and underserved populations, and;
·       Benefit the Open Internet. [Note, the definition of Open Internet is subject to a separate conversation ]
New gTLD Auction Proceeds are expected to be allocated in a manner consistent with ICANN’s mission.

I hope this is helpful.

Best regards,

Marika