[Ccwg-auctionproceeds] Input needed - review of examples - deadline 15 October

Daniel Dardailler danield at w3.org
Tue Sep 26 08:16:50 UTC 2017

Hello Marika, all

Looking at the examples table, and remembering the discussions at our
last call wrt adding more columns, I wanted to suggest the following
additional criteria (which I wrote a while ago before we started the
CCWG). They are somehow different than the ones we already have
indirectly included in the second column (identifier related, capacity
building, open Internet).

- global vs. local benefits
   (e.g. is this funding going to help all Internet users or just a
limited population ?)
- long-term vs. short-term results
   (e.g. infrastructure oriented vs. event oriented)
- scaling effect of deliverables
   (e.g. ratio of fund granted over expected end-users benefits/saving)
- difficulty to get funded by other grant agencies
   (e.g. by government programs, large foundations).

I'd be in favor of extending the current table with those criteria and
also present the 3 pieces of the second column, so that examples are
easier to evaluate.

Regarding the Open Internet definition, at

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HV3dzTkKIYCyiRbzPW3Uk3MctwK0BQTth39DitIW-L4/edit

I'm not sure what is the status of this page. It's still pretty drafty,
with typos, duplicates, etc.

Is someone in charge of cleaning it or am I not looking at the right one
?