[Ccwg-auctionproceeds] [Ext] Re: Fwd: Message for Erika to send to CCWG today [Subject: CCWG Auction Proceeds Consensus Call - Deadline 21 May 2020]

Emily Barabas emily.barabas at icann.org
Fri May 8 13:04:04 UTC 2020

Hi John,

Thanks for your reply.

Taking a look at the SSAC comment on the proposed Final Report, the SSAC provided the following input: "The SSAC does not object to any of the 12 recommendation in the report but feels that it is unfortunate that they were not able to be more specific, especially in regard to the exact mechanism to be employed. Nevertheless, the SSAC supports the finalization of this report following the Public Comment period so that the work of the CCWG can be concluded."

Would it be possible to provide additional detail about SSAC's concern regarding Recommendation 1, as it is not immediately clear how the recommendation is inconsistent with the SSAC's position stated above? Is there an edit that the SSAC can suggest that would make the SSAC more comfortable with the language in the recommendation? Thank you in advance for any additional clarification you can provide.

As a reminder to the group, "consensus" is defined "a position where a small minority disagrees, but most agree." The Co-Chairs will use this definition as a point of reference as feedback in received on the list.

Kind regards,
Emily

On 07/05/2020, 23:01, "John R. Levine" <johnl at iecc.com> wrote:

    > CCWG Recommendation #1: The CCWG recommends that the Board select either mechanism A or mechanism B for the allocation of auction proceeds, taking into account the stronger preference expressed by CCWG members for mechanism A.

    The SSAC does not agree with this.  You can send the report, but you do not have consensus.

    Regards,
    John Levine, johnl at taugh.com, Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for Dummies",
    Please consider the environment before reading this e-mail. https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__jl.ly&d=DwIBAg&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=mBQzlSaM6eYCHFBU-v48zs-QSrjHB0aWmHuE4X4drzI&m=DYqM39OYmmSKV1zoWGbL6VAt1PiI-CaMFOS4Rc1DtKI&s=98Fr2XBuapkpYg6zg1EZNIxwz_zLWJT9k8RUvbaNJP4&e=