[Comments-asia-renewal-27mar19] Pending Ratification: ALAC Statement on Proposed Renewal of .asia Registry Agreement

Edmon edmon at registry.asia
Wed May 8 00:31:13 UTC 2019

DotAsia welcomes the comment from At-Large.  DotAsia has been a long-time advocate for Universal Acceptance (UA) and participates actively in UA efforts locally, regionally and globally, including through the UA Steering Group (UASG) supported by ICANN.  DotAsia supports the push for TLD registries and registrars to become UA ready and believes that UA should be considered in the Base gTLD Registry Agreement, as part of the work on Subsequent Procedures (and implementation thereof), as well as in the IDN ccTLD processes.

On the topic of “price caps”, since DotAsia is a Sponsored gTLD, we uphold additional commitments, responsibilities and obligations to the community we serve.  DotAsia is a not-for-profit organization and believes strongly in the importance of operating the “.Asia” TLD in a responsible manner beneficial for the global Asian communities.  As such, and as indicated by the At-Large comments, we have always maintained stable and effective policies aimed at protecting the interests of “.Asia” users, we have no intention to make any changes to our current pricing agreements and we will continue to maintain the stability of our normal per domain year renewal pricing to registrars.

Sincerely,
DotAsia Board of Directors