[Comments-biz-renewal-03apr19] I oppose the removal of the price cap

Paul Pliska paul at manauser.info
Tue Apr 30 00:15:30 UTC 2019

I use use a .biz domain for my small business, and I understand that
existing registrants will keep their price protection, but even so I
oppose the removal of the price cap. It would be unfortunate if
tomorrow's start-ups don't have the same chance at an affordable domain
that I did.

Moreover, I don't think older TLDs, such as .biz, first created when
there were still vary few options, can be compared to newer, incredibly
specific TLDs like .doctor and .farm.  As such I see no reason to give
the Registry Operator a new better deal, let them stick to what was
originally agreed.