[Comments-biz-renewal-03apr19] Please do not deregulate .biz

fluffy fluffy at beesbuzz.biz
Thu Apr 25 15:21:46 UTC 2019

I am an independent publisher on the web. I have multiple domain names, including ones in .biz and .org, which I use for sharing my work with the internet at large. I create for the love of creation and make almost no money at it.

I have the luxury of being able to pay for my domains out of pocket. If my domains were to suddenly increase in price, however, I would not be able to continue with this, and would have to constantly move to domains I can afford, disrupting all incoming links and destroying my audience.

The legacy gTLDs were created as a common trust, not as a profit center, and their registration price is already grossly inflated compared to the infrastructure cost of making them available.

I urge you to consider independent content creators like myself when setting domain pricing policy.

Thank you.