[Comments-biz-renewal-03apr19] DoNot Remove Price Caps

E Francisco man010 at lavabit.com
Thu Apr 25 18:20:07 UTC 2019

I agree with previous comment from Steve Sun

Steven Sun sunwenyang at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 17:15:25 UTC 2019
"ICANN is a not-for-profit public-benefit corporation with participants from all over the world dedicated to keeping the Internet secure, stable and interoperable." I do not understand how ICANN can achieve the above while allowing unrestrained price increases on millions of domain names, I am objecting the proposal of removing the price cap provisions in the current .biz agreement.
Instead, ICANN should actively seeking new providers who can lower the cost of the .biz domain names and award the agreement to a winning bidder, for the public's benefit. An open, fair and competitive process should be taken to procure the .biz domain name operator before renewing any agreement.