[Comments-biz-renewal-03apr19] Comments on .biz changes

ds ds353535 at gmail.com
Sat May 4 16:43:41 UTC 2019

**I am writing to express my deep concern with allowing the Public
Interest Registry (PIR) set prices for domains without the price caps
currently in place.  Removing price caps on all .org, .info, and .biz
top level domains will allow the PIR to set any price it wants, which
will almost certainly cause prices to spike, making web domains
unaffordable, and costing companies and organizations money that they
would use to grow their businesses.  At its most basic sense, high
domain prices will hurt business, and since 80% of all employees in the
US (and a higher percentage in the rest of the world) work for small
businesses, raising prices will directly impact the US and world
economies.  Please leave the price caps in place.  10% annual growth, as
governed by the caps, is still 3x the average inflation rate, so it's
not like the domain wholesalers are losing money.  Thank you for your
consideration to this comment.

Regards,
DS