Dr.Gregg McNair ggg at PTL.com
Sat Feb 8 04:58:06 UTC 2020

Dear Sirs

I am associated with the secondary market in domain names.

I am against the proposed price increase to .COM domains.

No one other than Verisign want increases in .COM prices.

The current rate of $7.85 is already far more than justified.

Verisign is merely your manager of the .COM Registry – it has no business dictating the price.

ICANN is supposed to govern the domain name system in the public interest.

When in history did the grass roots stakeholders ever recommend or discuss the abdication of registry pricing oversight for legacy gTLDs? The new gTLD agreement was created for new extensions not the preexisting registries.

Why would ICANN accept $20m from Verisign in what appears to be grease money to ensure they can rip off .COM registrants of BILLIONS  of dollars? We registrants always expected ICANN would continue its management of legacy registries in the interests of its constituents, not aid and abet a virtual monopoly by abdictation of reasonable pricing management.

It's not too late to admit mistakes have been made on all legacy gTLDs registry renewals and reverse both. ORG and. COM price control oversight.

Thank you

Dr. Gregg McNair
Panama City
Dr.Gregg McNair