[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] .COM price increase

Ahmad Awais me at ahmadawais.com
Sat Feb 8 10:27:40 UTC 2020

I own a couple of hundred domain names and run a small business based on
that as a domainer (domains investor). I am against the proposed price
increase for .COM domains. I do not see any obvious reason for the cost to
run the registry to increase. Technology gets cheaper when scaled and the
number of registrations is still increasing. ICANN is supposed to govern
the domain name system in the public interest. I see this as rent-seeking
by Verisign. This will further cripple the domain industry. The current
rate of $7.85 is already more than justified. Please help stop these
unjustifiable price increases and support the average customer.