Matt Griffith matt at merlix.com
Sat Feb 8 12:44:15 UTC 2020

I registered my first domain in 1994 when they were free from InterNIC.  I
didn't abuse this... I simply registered my company name of Graphix.com
which has since changed to Merlix.

My livelihood for the past 25 years has been around the internet.  Over the
years, I have registered numerous domains for development as well as
investment.  I also manage domain names for numerous clients, many of which
are non-profits and churches.

I am against the proposed price increase to .COM domains.
No one other than Verisign want increases in .COM prices.
The current rate of $7.85 is already far more than justified.
Verisign is merely your manager of the .COM Registry – it has no business
dictating the price.
ICANN is supposed to govern the domain name system in the public interest.

ICANN has a responsibility to the public... not Verisign.  There are many
registries that would be more than willing to take over the .COM registry
and probably even do it for less than Verisign is currently.

All the best,
Matt

*Matt Griffith*, CEO
T: 800.850.2871 x4001