Timothy Allen tim at allen.org.za
Mon Feb 10 13:25:48 UTC 2020

Good day

I use the Internet but I am not a .com registrant.

I am against the proposed price increase to .COM domains.

ICANN is supposed to govern the domain name system in the public interest. Hiking prices for domain names makes them unaffordable for poor or third world registrants, increasing the divide between haves and have-nots. DNS is a system that relies on everyone using a single, authoritative source. Increasing prices could act to split the internet based on location or income level.

Timothy Allen
Cape Town, Western Cape South Africa