Deetjen, Eric L [US] (MS) Eric.Deetjen at ngc.com
Mon Feb 10 15:50:02 UTC 2020

To whom it may concern,

I would like to repeat many of the other concerns pointed out by my fellow Dotcom owners.  I am concerned about this amendment to the Registry Agreement because it
will affect, not just me, buy any individual who would like their own domain name.  I am sure that no corporation will object to the 28% cost increase every six years as they earn money off their domain name and paying almost any amount would probably be acceptable to them.  However, there are a great deal of small businesses that would see this as a burden as well as individual users (like me) out there that have purchased their own domain name and are using it for personal use, not commercial use.

I understand that it would be almost impossible to create a regulation that would charge businesses more and individuals less, however, that may be what is required at this time.  This would allow for businesses to have an individual register their domain name, however, no corporation of any size will be willing to leave their domain names in
private hands.  This would also allow fledgling businesses (aka startups) to keep their costs low at first.  Remember, many businesses have been started in individual's garages.

My domain has been used primarily for personal use. Please keep the annual fee very low or consider a more flexible charging system for the .COM top level domain that will keep it accessible to individuals and small businesses.

Thank you,
Eric Deetjen