Nicolas Bernard n.bernard at lafraze.net
Mon Feb 10 14:39:10 UTC 2020

To whomever it concerns,

I am a registrant of a .com domain name. I am against the proposed price
increase to .COM domains.

The Internet was a space of freedom, and that it should remain. To
ensure this freedom, anybody should be able to own a domain name, the
only entry barrier being technical competency (which is lowered every
day thanks to new management services). A domain name price should never
be a barrier preventing people from owning their place on the Internet.

If the proposed price increase is due to Verisign finding that the dot
com registry is a hassle, I am sure you should be able to find another
organisation willing to handle that without needing to increase the
price. Better yet, maybe you should anyway ask for another handler for
the dot com registry, one that could make these domain even cheaper and,
more importantly, one that should be non US based.

Regards,
Nicolas Bernard
Arches, France