Jered Roberts jroberts at caravansupply.com
Mon Feb 10 18:16:56 UTC 2020

Good morning,

As a system administrator for a company based in Memphis, TN, I am for a free internet that allows people from all walks of life to have affordable access to domain registration. Raising the prices is not something that should be dictated by a nonprofit or an independent organization such as Verisign. This is a monopoly that cannot be allowed to exist. We saw this type of trend with telecommunications in the greater half of the 20th century and it led to exorbitant price hikes that the general public were either forced to pay or do without. Communication with other peoples is a right and that should not be limited due to financial ability. I am well aware of operating costs, but 31% seems less on the side of being mandatory and more on the side of being profitable. Be on the side of humanity, not on the side of wealthy corporations that would rob from the pockets of consumers. As we all know, businesses will offset this increase by passing the expense down to consumers through price hikes, effectively punishing the public for having little to no knowledge of the significance of this proposition. Below are my pre-defined options that were imported from the "internetcommerce.org" website; they feature a brief synopsis of my opinions on the matter.

Best regards,

                  Jered Roberts | System Administrator
               Caravan Supply Company | Memphis, TN
               P: 1 (901) 452-5681 | F: 1 (901) 881-3986
  jroberts at caravansupply.com<mailto:jroberts at caravansupply.com> | www.caravansupply.com<http://www.caravansupply.com/>

          [cid:image002.png at 01D5E00B.FB7F8C80]
                           [cid:image003.png at 01D5E000.ECC89D90] <https://www.facebook.com/Caravan-Supply-Company-122285781162230/>       [cid:image004.png at 01D5E000.ECC89D90] <https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCqwRpaDua3wT-SW6ORw3tQ>       [cid:image005.png at 01D5E000.ECC89D90] <https://www.linkedin.com/in/caravan-supply-62b452172/>       [cid:image006.png at 01D5E000.ECC89D90] <https://twitter.com/SupplyCaravan>

Get directions here: https://goo.gl/maps/w7SBHMwH1SB2

I am a registrant of a .com domain name.

I am against the proposed price increase to .COM domains.

No one other than Verisign want increases in .COM prices.

The current rate of $7.85 is already far more than justified.

Verisign is merely your manager of the .COM Registry - it has no business dictating the price.

ICANN is supposed to govern the domain name system in the public interest.

Jered Roberts
Memphis