Michael Cyger mcyger at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 18:49:25 UTC 2020

To: ICANN,

I am a registrant of multiple .com domain names that I use for my business.

I am against the proposed price increase to .COM domains. They will not be
providing additional services or benefits for the additional cost, and
their profits are high -- not necessitating any price increase. No one
other than Verisign want increases in .COM prices.

Verisign is merely your manager of the .COM Registry – it has no business
dictating the price. Put out the .com for bid with requirements, and see
what comes back. No other entity would ever consider a sweetheart deal
where there's no competition and the operator is allowed to increase prices
year after year. That's a situation that leads to corruption.

ICANN is supposed to govern the domain name system in the public interest.
Do your job!

Sincerely,
Michael Cyger
Bainbridge Island