[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] No on proposed amendment to allow for annual price increases. This is an attempt to wield monopoly power.

Raul Debuque rdebuque at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 19:31:22 UTC 2020

Sir/Madame:

I would like to register my vehement opposition to the proposed amendment.  I am not convinced that costs are really rising or are headed towards rising in the near future, especially in the high tech industry where the trend we have seen since the invention of the computer that costs go down not up.  What exactly gets more costly on a per registration basis as the number of registered domains increase?  If you need more servers, hardware costs per unit computing power are going down.  If you need more coders, I don’t see why a doubling of registrations requires a doubling of coders.  So what costs is it that are rising or will rise soon?

I highly suspect that this amendment is an attempt by Verisign to capitalize on their a government-mandated monopoly position, and is hence an illegitimate proposal and should be turned down.

Yours truly,

Raul Debuque