[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] I oppose your .com price increase plan

Kyle Simpson getify at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 21:22:07 UTC 2020

I own over 125 domains (most of them .com's), and I oppose your plan to
allow such broad reaching and largely unrestricted price increases.

There is no way that the cost of running scalable registries is increasing
at such a pace -- in fact, it's certainly past the scaling phase and
stabilizing as web infrastructure services have become a commodity.

Allowing these price increases serves only corporate greed and not the
public good. It will harm the availability of registering domains in
low-income areas of the world, effectively contributing to drowning out the
voices of those who most need a voice through the internet/web.

--Kyle Simpson