[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] Proposed Pricing changes to the dot com domains

Chris F. Newby-Robson chris at newbyrobson.com
Mon Feb 10 21:24:01 UTC 2020

I have been advised by my registrar that ICANN have agreed a behind the scenes deal with Verisign that will from all reports hugely increase the cost of maintaining the registration of the aforesaid dot com domains.

I see absolutely no justification in this action which will merely enrich Verisign at the expense of the all dot com domain’s users.

I think it is absolutely diabolical that this deal has been negotiated behind closed doors without any consultation with the user who will be most affected by this deal.

There is an alarming lack of transparency going on here, and there is talk of Version handing what is described as a large sum of money to ICANN, without any detail as to what this significant sum of money is to be used for.