[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] Public Comment

Elwyn elwyn at l1.co.nz
Mon Feb 10 21:25:46 UTC 2020

To whom it may concern,

I am writing to state my disapproval of the new Verisign contract.

ICANN has a responsibility to ensure domain name registration is
competitive, and signing a deal like this with Verisign does the opposite,
further enabling the Verisign monopoly.
Allowing Verisign to both set the wholesale rates and compete against
wholesalers is a blatant conflict of interest.

I believe the changes will hurt the web community as a whole.

I am shocked that ICANN would consider these changes, and further shocked
ICANN has undertaken these changes without consulting the people it
impacts. Shame on you.

Regards,
Elwyn Benson