[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] NO to the sleazy contract with Verisign

Daniel Jung jungfoto at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 21:28:34 UTC 2020

To whom it may concern,

As the owner of a small business I oppose the new changes to the contract with Verisign, Inc who operate the .COM top-level-domain (TLD). Not only was it made in secret, without consulting or incorporating feedback from the ICANN community or Internet users, but it is a greedy cash grab apparently with no oversight on how those funds are supposed to be spent.

I wholeheartedly oppose this action as it will do irreparable damage to the democratic nature of the internet and make it less attainable for those people without the means and funds to participate in it.

Daniel Jung