[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] Opposing icann changes to .com domain pricing policies.

Gavin Gilson gavingilson1 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 21:33:15 UTC 2020

I oppose the significant changes to the .com domain policies.
As a hobbyist web developer, I deal with people who scoff at some of the ridiculous pricing of domain names now as it is, and with these changes coming into effect, this will not only hurt them, but me as well!

I pay my taxes on my income, and in order for me to secure new domains for clients, I would need need to reduce my pricing to develop and build websites for my clients, which is not profitable to me.

Therefore by opposing these changes, I accept that I, as a single entity in the World Wide Web community, cannot make a difference, but these changes will send me to the wall, and therefore I am encouraging others like me through social media and word of mouth via my clients can build up enough momentum to see icann stop with the proposed changes.

Another money hungry conglomeration out to destroy battlers, who are just trying to put food on the table for their family.

I am a disabled person who suffered a major lower back injury but luckily enough not to be placed into a wheelchair, who finds it hard to gain employment of a physical nature due to a work related injury and suffering PTSD and anxiety through my former military service, and a short career in nursing, so basically, this is the only way I can derive an income, but with the introduction of the proposed changes, I dare say this will end my hobby business and potentially put me and my family out on the street?

I hope the top notch executives of icann can sleep well at night knowing this, and I know I am not the only one who will be placed in similiar peril!

With kind regards

Gavin Gilson