[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] Recent deal made with Verisign to .COM domains

Owen Delancie owendelancie at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 21:32:56 UTC 2020

We are small online business owners who depend on our .COM domain as a platform to compete with larger corporations.

Increasing fees on .COM domains will have little effect on massive multinational brands and corporations but will continue to pinch small business, making it more difficult for people like us to support ourselves and the local economy.

We strongly disagree with this deal made by ICANN and Verisign and are frustrated that a open public forum and consultation was not even granted for the small people like us to have a voice.

This is not how an open democracy works and we demand to have ICANN cease this arrangement until open public consultation (as required) has been taken.

John