[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] comment on .COM price increases

Arianne True ariannetrue at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 21:33:29 UTC 2020

Hi there,

I'm writing in to ask you to seriously re-evaluate the .COM price increases
involved with your new contract with Verisign. Price increases for .COM
sites will disproportionately affect folks who're already less economically
advantaged, and who rely more on the .COM than you might think. Many of us
who run small businesses or are independent contractors or artists choose
.COM sites for their easy memorability and because that tends to be what
other people will assume our site is, so it's actually a really important
part of making sure people can find us, which we obviously need to keep our
enterprises going. We are already working within an economic system that
drastically privileges and prioritizes large enterprise, and the internet
has often been a way around that. Please keep .COM domain prices low and
affordable for those of us who rely on the internet to make up for how our
general economics let smaller enterprises down.

Thank you for your time,
Arianne