tina at synergycoaching.org tina at synergycoaching.org
Mon Feb 10 21:38:40 UTC 2020

Hello

I understand that a new proposal regarding .com pricing that could affect
all COM domains - up to  40% of all registered domain names online.

That .COM wholesale domain prices can grow by more than 70% over and above
current prices over the next decade. The contract also allows for other
price increases, which could drive prices up further, ultimately making .COM
domains less accessible and more expensive for everybody.

I understand Verisign agreed to pay ICANN an additional $20 million dollars
over five years to support ICANN's domain name system initiatives, without
any clarity about how ICANN will spend the money, or who will ensure that
the funds are properly spent on domain infrastructure.

How is this fair not checking in with the entire community before making a
change that will so significantly impact .com domain registrants?

I hope you will reconsider and involve your community.

Warmest Regards,

Tina Elliot

"Integrity is doing the right thing,

even when no one is watching."