[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] Price Increase

Shawn Miller shawnkm1234 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 10 21:40:23 UTC 2020

I understand that there is a new agreement that Verisign will be allowed to increase the wholesale price to registrars for .COM domains every year for 8 out of the next 10 years, and the increases.

This means .COM wholesale domain prices can grow by more than 70% over and above current prices over the next decade. I also understand the contract also allows for other price increases, which could drive prices up further, ultimately making .COM domains less accessible and more expensive for everybody.

This new agreement is unfair trade practices in my opinion.  Having a monopoly of sorts and using that stronghold to increase pricing is not acceptable.

Thank you for listening.
Shawn