[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] Against Increases to .com domain

ThomT thom.t.tapley at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 21:45:40 UTC 2020

Hello,

I am sending this email to communicate that I do not agree with the proposed increases for the .com domain extension. The cost of domains has already increased significantly over the past several  years, in many cases, through a host of suspect business practices.

ICANN’s stated mission (motto) is “One World. One Internet.” Making changes that continually increase the cost of individuals participating in the internet seems to be contra to this stated goal.

I respectively ask that you re-consider the proposed increases to the .com domain. I, as well as many others, will be monitoring these developments as they appear to be a trend that is further exacerbating the state of the net.

Regards,

Thom