[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] .COM Price Increases

Elissa Eckenswiller elissa at gildedagency.com
Mon Feb 10 21:56:57 UTC 2020

Hi there,

I was recently notified of the contract changes by my domain provider, Namecheap. They mentioned that increased could be expected over the next 8 out of 10 years leading to a potential price increase for .COM of up to 70%.

I wanted to reach out regarding this as it’s extremely concerning proposal to a small business owner such as myself. This type or change makes it difficult for small business owners and start ups to start and run their businesses. It puts barriers in the way of people operating their businesses and getting their ideas out into the world. It increases the operating costs and start up costs and makes it more difficult for entrepreneurs to change other people’s lives, make an impact and follow their dreams.

As a web designer who works with other small businesses, I can see the impact that a price increase like this can have, on a grand scale. I urge you to please reconsider increasing the pricing for .COMs and recognize that making it more difficult for businesses to secure their place online impacts us all in a negative way.

Thanks for your time,

Elissa Vann