[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] Price increases for .com domains

luthersites at luthersites.net luthersites at luthersites.net
Mon Feb 10 21:57:31 UTC 2020

Please stop making the internet expensive!  While most of my clients are
.org users, I do have a handful of .com users.  As small organizations or
companies, they need my internet hosting and domain name fees to be minimal.
I generally do not charge an additional fee for the domain name but include
it in the subscription price.  However, it becomes very difficult for me to
keep my prices low and competitive with the "big box" web providers and
still make enough money to justify my continuing to offer my hosting
services.

Rather than changing or increasing prices for the .coms or giving Verisign
the opportunity to increase prices, you ought to be lowering prices across
the board so that more people can have websites, make money, and have fun
doing it.  Please don't let the huge multi-billion dollar companies put the
rest of us out of business!  Keep domain prices low!

Thank you.