[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] The .COM registry agreement

Maggie Lynch mcvaylynch2 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 01:20:06 UTC 2020

I am a sole proprietors small business owner who has maintained two .com sites for nearly two decades.

The proposal to start charging more for these sites is a hardship on all small businesses that purchased domains many years ago. It is not that my business has even kept up with inflation. In fact it has gone the opposite direction in the past five years.

I can understand if  you want to raise the prices of NEW .com registrations because of how limited they are. However, doing it wholesale for all registrations in eight of ten years is a simple money-grab.

Of course, if you do this, you will force small businesses to change their websites at some point in the future because it it will no longer be affordable.

I ask you to carefully consider the policies on this and the impact on small businesses.

Maggie Lynch