[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] Domain Name Price increase

B. Ayesha b.ayesha at bayeshainc.com
Mon Feb 10 22:33:21 UTC 2020

Dear Madam, or Sir, I am concerned about this amendment to the Registry Agreement because it will affect, not just me, but any individual who would like their own domain name. I am 100% sure that no corporation will object to the 28% cost increase every six years as they earn money off their domain name and paying almost any amount would be acceptible to them. However, there are a great deal of small businesses (including myself) that would see this as a burden as well as individual users out there that have purchased their own domain name and are using it for personal use, not commercial use. Several of us have multiple domain names, if for no other reason than to protect our own names from being used to run a website. I personally have about 6 that I use to protect myself and my family while also allowing my children to be able to have a domain name that is exclusively theirs. You may also assume that all ".com" domain names are used for, or are supposed to be used for commercial purposes, however, this is not the case today. If this had been defined and enforced from the beginning of the internet, this would be a non-issue, however, to start enforcing it today would cause many many individuals to lose their domains. Yes, there are other top level domains they can move to, however, that doesn't alleviate the fact that they would be losing an asset they had invested much time, money, and resources acquiring. Please keep the annual fee very low or consider a more flexible charging system for the .COM top level domain that will keep it accessible to individuals and small businesses. Thank you,

Bina Banks / Chief Visionary Officer/Owner
customersupport at bayeshainc.com / 7575040135
B Ayesha Inc.
http://bayeshainc.com
 <https://blog.bayeshainc.com/>