[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] AGAINST .COM cost increases

Brian Haney bhaney at thehaneycompany.com
Mon Feb 10 22:33:23 UTC 2020

This agreement is 100% against the general public interest and unacceptable.
According to this new agreement, Verisign will be allowed to increase the wholesale price to registrars for .COM domains every year for 8 out of the next 10 years, and the increases don't stop there. This will mean that .COM wholesale domain prices can grow by more than 70% over and above current prices over the next decade. The contract also allows for other price increases, which could drive prices up further, ultimately making .COM domains less accessible and more expensive for everybody. Please consider the long reaching ramifications this will have as we wok as a society to make the internet more accessible to more people, this deal will result in fewer people having genuine access because of the financial barriers involved.

Brian Haney CLTC, CFS, CFBS, CIS, LACP, CAE
Vice President
The Haney Company
308 Southwest Drive
Silver Spring, MD. 20901
Phone: 301-593-0600
Fax: 301-593-0800
Cell: 240-888-8630
www.thehaneycompany.com<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.thehaneycompany.com&d=DwMFaQ&c=BX7Y4KpGhcDnIsrgHKqkbfoiiDvjhxwuYUpcrPD7xrE&r=R7MkRIWwxWFqOlIdPv7SaCterMLKz1_uPDPArtokvts&m=PSgJX10OePCbLp8FRvK0ML5V0m4LbwvarUzFzzFUCpg&s=KGX_svSKH5BqgEdciQP2MwHp7llEY_TF812Tn9aOrEM&e=>
www.thatsmyfinancialguy.com<http://www.thatsmyfinancialguy.com/>
www.sellabilityadvisor.com/thehaneycompany<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.sellabilityadvisor.com_thehaneycompany&d=DwMFaQ&c=BX7Y4KpGhcDnIsrgHKqkbfoiiDvjhxwuYUpcrPD7xrE&r=R7MkRIWwxWFqOlIdPv7SaCterMLKz1_uPDPArtokvts&m=PSgJX10OePCbLp8FRvK0ML5V0m4LbwvarUzFzzFUCpg&s=DY2yEmlC6g1qMhWsbL_U43jUqj0wwQtCrpcNPduyePw&e=>
http://realwealthmedia.com/thehaneycompany/<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__realwealthmedia.com_thehaneycompany_&d=DwMFaQ&c=BX7Y4KpGhcDnIsrgHKqkbfoiiDvjhxwuYUpcrPD7xrE&r=R7MkRIWwxWFqOlIdPv7SaCterMLKz1_uPDPArtokvts&m=PSgJX10OePCbLp8FRvK0ML5V0m4LbwvarUzFzzFUCpg&s=IUtnnujEseRcqR3Fn4IGYy_nOiLoaU4kQ9kSdnIp51o&e=>

This e-mail transmission may contain information that is proprietary, privileged and/or confidential and is intended exclusively for the person(s) to whom it is addressed. Any use, copying, retention or disclosure by any person other than the intended recipient or the intended recipient's designees is strictly prohibited.   If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete all copies.   If you do not wish to receive future emails from me please call me, email me or write me via my contact information above so that I can remove you from my list.  Orders to buy or sell securities will not be accepted via email, fax, or voicemail message.