[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] ICANN Price Increase

Roorda, Austin austin.roorda at mymail.champlain.edu
Mon Feb 10 23:16:33 UTC 2020

Good Evening,

It has come to my attention that ICANN and Verisign are considering
renegotiating their contract, a move which could (and more than likely
would) raise the price of domain names.
As a student, I have a limited income and require my website to exist in
order for me to host my portfolio projects in order to get a job. A price
increase would make this effort much more difficult for me, as I already
have a limited income stream due to being a full time student.

Keeping prices low is a massive driving force behind many entering website
ownership. By increasing the price of this service, people will effectively
have their voices silenced due to the price of entry. We're living in a
more and more Orwellian world with each passing day, and the last thing we
need is for the internet to be gated off to new content due to the greed of
another corporation.

Please consider not taking the $20,000,000 check and consider the people
who are paying your bills (consumers, like me) for once.

Regards,

Austin Roorda