[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] We say NO to .com price increases!

Rhonda rhondatravels at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 01:22:40 UTC 2020

I am a registrant of many .com domains, and am against the proposed price
increases to .COM domains. Verisign merely operate the .COM
top-level-domain – it has NO business dictating prices.

How do you justify increasing the .com domain names fees? What is this huge
budget spent on? How was it possible to run the organization 10 years ago
when the domain names were significantly lower amount—and now these huge
increases?

ICANN is supposed to govern the domain name system in the public interest.
You are not supposed to be a corporation and push your profits to the

maximum, but rather keep the internet safe and accessible place to all.
Taking this step makes it accessible to a lot fewer people.

The price should remain the same, and even decrease over time, with more
people buying domains. If this goes through, I will definitely be dumping
most of my .coms AND encouraging other online entrepreneurs, influencers
and marketers to do the same.

Your proposal is absurd and frankly, unacceptable.

Miss Gioia