[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] The proposed increase in fees will Harm Tech development in Nigeria.

Afolayan Gbemisola afolayanogbemisola at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 22:44:25 UTC 2020

Hi,

My name is Damola,

I am an all round technology enthusiasts that live in Nigeria, a developing
country.

Our country, our youth are waking up to the potentials of the internet and
how we can use it to develop our society and contribute the world at large
while earning a living for ourselves.

At present, our currencies do not measure up to the $, and most of us have
have to scrape just to keep pay domain among other fees... I fear that if
you proceed to increase this fee, a lot of us would be forced to go out of
business. Life is not rosy in this parts. You probably buy a cup of coffee
for around $8, the same amount it cost me to buy a domain, but $8 is not so
cheap here. Here $8 is 2,920 naira, the same amount some families
havetosurvive on for weeks.

I appreciate your efforts at keeping this space safe and well managed,
however I implore you to reconsider and perhaps explore other options.
Help us to keep our hopes alive.