[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] Proposed .com pricing

Cavin Harper cavinharp at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 22:07:10 UTC 2020

To Whom It May Be Concerned:

It has been called to my attention that ICANN and Versign have collaborated without any feedback from internet users like us to substantially increase the fees associated with .com domains over the next ten years. What you are proposing will result in a 70% increase in costs to us over that period of time.

On behalf of our organization, which is small enough to be significantly impacted by such changes, I want to register my LOUD PROTEST to these changes and the multi-million dollar payoff agreed upon to ICANN behind closed doors. It is one thing to propose ‘reasonable’ price increases consistent with inflation, but 7% per year increases is both unreasonable and greedy. I urge you to reconsider this absurd price increase proposal and find a solution that will not gouge those you supposedly serve.

Thank you for taking this objection seriously. Large companies and entities with high incomes may not feel the pinch, but the average user like us who use these domains to share information with little financial gain will feel it deeply.

Cavin T. Harper
Founder and President

www.christiangrandparenting.net <http://www.christiangrandparenting.net/>
www.grandcamps.org <http://www.grandcamps.org/>