[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] Proposed Amendment 3 to the .COM Registry Agreement - AGAINST

Amy Pratt amy.pratt at otafest.com
Mon Feb 10 22:33:21 UTC 2020

To whom it may concern,

This amendment is a ridiculous and blatant misuse of authority clearly
meant to line private pockets. As a .com registrant of a non-profit
corporation who relies on low and predictable costs to sustain my
charitable initiatives this is especially concerning to me and completely
unacceptable.

In summary:

   - I am a registrant of a .com domain name.
   - I am against the proposed price increase to .COM domains.
   - No one other than Verisign want increases in .COM prices.
   - The current rate of $7.85 is already far more than justified.
   - Verisign is merely your manager of the .COM Registry – it has no
   business dictating the price.
   - ICANN is supposed to govern the domain name system in the public
   interest.

Sincerely,

Amy Pratt
Calgary, Alberta Canada