[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] .com increase ICANN -- Verisign

Werner Host admin at wernerhost.com
Mon Feb 10 22:56:01 UTC 2020

Hello,

I’m a journalist in Lincoln City, Oregon and a small business hosting company owner. When I heard about the deal between ICANN and Verisign I was forced to uphold my Society of Professional Journalist’s ethics and ask you some questions to get all sides of the story.

Namecheap is saying ICANN and Verisign did a “closed door deal.” Is this true?
Did you consult anyone else before doing a deal?
Is this deal finalized or close to finalization?

Is it true .com domains can see a 70 percent increase over the next decade?

How much of an increase to .com owners are we looking at with this deal?
Can I get a copy of said deal by way of public records request?
How do you think the Internet community will react to the deal?

Thank you,

Justin Werner