Carina Rivera carina at mogulpromedia.com
Mon Feb 10 22:57:28 UTC 2020

I do not agree with .com price increase. This is unfair to all their customers. We all know that having a website is not cheap, there are additional costs to having and maintaining a website such as hosting services, security certification, content management systems and time invested. Domains serve the purpose of allowing individuals to share helpful information across the world from their own personalized website at an affordable low price as it is now. Bumping up the price will make it less accessible and more expensive for us. There are many informational websites such as Wikipedia that are free and run off donations to keep the website live, these websites teach us valuable information and to increase the domain price is a slap on their face. It it unclear in the amendment on how the money that Verisign agreed to pay ICANN will be spent and who will ensure the funds are properly spent on domain infrastructure. It is interesting to know that this amendment rose after President Trump has addressed in the State of The Union that we will be implementing high speed internet across the country and in rural areas. So why the price increase when most likely there will be an increase use of website users? It sounds like a greedy business move to me. As a customer, professional web developer and web surfer, this is why I strongly disagree with the .com price increase.