[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] (no subject)

Nikki Ellis buttrpecn1978 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 23:07:51 UTC 2020

In my opinion, it is backdoor deals, like the one being discussed here,
that harm America the most. The people that have all the money and power
keep asking for or just taking more. Making it more expensive for average
Americans to hold .com domains will only cut off more communication by said
Americans to the rest of the world, making it harder to hear the real voice
of the people. Make no mistake, it is we who are the real voice of our
nation, not those whose opinions are bought and paid for by companies who
do deals in secret. Do we really want to further their domination of the
things we read, products we buy, the income we are offered, the news we
hear? That's exactly what will happen if it becomes 70% more expensive to
own a domain on the internet. We will lose the input of countless
contributors to the shared information highway, giving those who use money
and power to help only themselves a further reach into our daily lives,
expanding their control. I'm against any proposed increase at this
outrageous rate.

Thank you for your consideration.

Nichole Ellis