[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] Opposition to announced changes

Buster Culver buster at culver-tx.com
Mon Feb 10 23:25:34 UTC 2020

I am greatly disturbed by information I’ve received regarding your announced contract changes with Verisign that may result in excessive fee increases that will ultimately be passed on to internet domain registrars and domain users without adequate inclusion of the registrars and their clients like me.  It is particularly disturbing that your process enacting these changes doesn’t proactively involve the internet community affected by the changes.

I also request that you enact greater transparency with the internet community and registrars in your dealings with Verisign and provide information on how funds that Verisign pays you and which will ultimately be passed on to the registrars and collected from me are spent to improve the internet infrastructure for which I’m being charged.

Your failure to work in good faith with the domain registrars and the user community will lead me to contact my elected federal representatives, the FCC or other relevant federal regulatory agencies to request they become more involved in the regulation and oversite of ICANN and Verisign.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Elwyn Culver
11907 Owens Canyon Ln