Carl Highland carl at thepurplecoyote.com
Tue Feb 11 00:01:54 UTC 2020

I read with great dismay that the Proposed Amendment 3to the .COM Registry
is on the table.

ICANN serves a very broad purpose. But its primary purpose, as a
not-for-profit organization, is to serve the public. One way it can do so is
by being open and transparent. The proposed rate increase agreement with
Verisign appears not to have been negotiated in such a manner. I question
why it is even being proposed.

If I read correctly, on page 30 of the 2020 Cash Flow Synopsis, it appears
ICANN will have $455.6M in reserve funds. With this amount of cash
available, the equivalent of three years' operating funds without any
additional annual income, why is it necessary to proceed with the Verisign
agreement?

The term 'Internet For All'  had broad meaning. The assignment and
management of internet domain names is no small task.  On your part trust
and integrity must set a high standard.

I hope you will reconsider Amendment 3.

Yours truly,

Carl