[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] Opposed to price increase

Andy Huang andy.huang at terrandin.com
Tue Feb 11 00:28:50 UTC 2020

Hi there;
I am opposed to the current proposal of price increase with a cap of $10.26
per year by 2026. Despite inflation and increased cost of human labor, the
cost for compute and storage has gotten significantly cheaper over the past
years, and this trend will continue, and thus the increase cost of domain
registration maintenance. This is a simple economics of scale problem. If
we're talking about managing 1000 domains, I can see that cost increase as
a valid concern to keep up with the cost of inflation and cost of human
labor; however, we're talking about managing millions and billions of
domains, and makes the cost adjustment unreasonable.

I do support an increase from the current $7.85 to a future $9.50 price
point, such that it keeps pace with inflation for the next 10 years.

Thanks,
Andy Huang