[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] Proposed Amendment 3 to the .COM Registry Agreement (".COM Price Increase 2020")

Supun Budhajeewa budhajeewa at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 01:28:08 UTC 2020

It is my view that the increasing of .COM domain pricing should not be done
for two reasons:

1. Technology costs are going down. If anything, prices should be slashed.
2. Decision to make price changes should not be lead by private entities
like Verisign. If we allow this, where will we draw the line?

Furthermore, as the maintenance of Internet and all its infrastructure has
become a global interest, it should not be governed by entities within a
single country. ICANN should be replaced by some organization under the
United Nation's purview.

To sum it up (TL;DR): I am against the price increase on .COM domain names.

--
Supun "Buddy" Budhajeewa

https://budhajeewa.com