[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] Seeking reconsideration of amendment 3

Priyank Mohan mohan.priyank at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 01:34:48 UTC 2020

Hi,

I write to you to remind you of the purpose which ICANN was setup for.
Alongwith regulating and assign TLDs, the much heavier burden that rests on
your shoulders is to keep the internet free from much corporate motive and
influence, thereby aiding it's proliferation. However, it's is saddening to
see a guardian organization succumbing to a motive as petty as money.

Via the amendment 3 you would allow the said provider to increase prices
for 8 out of the next 10 years and that too without a cap as to the quantum
of increases. To top it off, all this is just for money.

I hereby request you to reconsider the said amendment and roll it back to
preserve the freedom of internet, which is the actual purpose of any
organization regulating it.

Thanks
Priyank