[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] No price increases for .com domains!

James Nylen jnylen at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 01:35:29 UTC 2020

I interpret this amendment as a pretty simple business transaction:
Verisign is paying ICANN $20 million now, in order to be able to recover
this money through .com price increases.

The problem is you haven't consulted with anybody except the people making
the deal, and we have no idea how ICANN will be spending this money - there
are no guarantees that it will be re-invested into the health of the
internet.  This is called *corruption*.

Why are Verisign and ICANN making deals in secret?

James Nylen