[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] ICANN .com price increase

Jeff Babcock jbabo at centurylink.net
Tue Feb 11 01:37:13 UTC 2020

I am wholly opposed to ICANN’s proposal to raise the fees for .com registration up to %70 over the next decade with no formal plan on what you intend to do with this extra money. The sale of .org was distressing, this is more so. We need the foundations of the internet to be dedicated to openness and transparency. This policy will do damage to that and hurt small internet entrepreneurs like me.

There are better ways to raise capital. Please don’t sell yourselves to the highest bidder.

Jabo